Saturday, April 18, 2009

Wow alot has happened since I last posted here!

Well, now I have my own 2 domain names, self hosted.

The first one is http://zaphodb777.dyndns.org

This was my first attempt at a half way decent site. Problem is it was designed by consensus, and not exactly what I wanted. Eventually I will re-work the main part of the site. It's my blog, and personal forum site now. In the blog I get nerdy and political, and in the forum, well, since I moved the main project, I get bored.

The second, and more important one, is http://www.spambotsecurity.com

That is where I maintain 3, and have one mature and archived project. They are (clickable names)...

  1. ZB Block : This is a php site wrapper designed to defend websites against most known attacks, many bad hosts, and several kinds of spam. It has it's own installer, and is very very easy to use. All one has to do is put a single line of code at the start of any php page on their site they want to protect (for instance, in the common.php of phpBB3 protects the whole board), and the rest is fairly automatic.
  2. P2P Blocklist : This is a Peer to Peer blocklist for Peer Guardian, ProtoWall, and some bittorrent clients like uTorrent. Since I have a fairly fast free pipe at my ISP, I decided that if you trust my judgement, to use Bluetack's Blocklist Manager, and compile a multi-source list of what I believe needs to be blocked. It has somewhere over 2.5 Billion blocked addresses, but doesn't seem to limit bittorrent downloading one iota. Included are both a blocklist.p2p file, and since it compresses well, an ipfilter.dat for uTorrent and it's ilk too.
  3. C.A.S.P.E.R. : "Completely Automated System for Preventing Erroneous Registrations" This I hope to make into a phpBB turing test of incredible hardness for spam bots, and only somewhat annoying to humans. Currently it's in pre-beta, but as a stopgap measure, I have emplaced a phpBB3 version of my...
  4. Backscatter CAPTCHA Mod : This is a phpBB2 Non-GD CAPTCHA mod that should work with all phpBB2 sites. It uses an optical illusion to generate the characters of the CAPTCHA in the visual cortex of the viewer. So far, while it has been shown to have 1 weakness, no spambots have ever been able to register going through it. This project is currently archived for those people who are still running phpBB2, and need something to help them. It will only come out of mothballs if someone requests mods to it, or I need it to do something else.

This site is also kinda serious, but I still want to show some humanity in the blog and forum parts of it.

Anyway, this post was just to tell you that I have not slipped the surly bonds of earth, but am alive and kicking, and getting revenge for getting spammed once... in epic, canly (vendetta) fashion.

Zap.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home